Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 GW

Who are you guys talking to at Cap 1???? I have 1 loan that's paid off that Cap 1 can't seem to get their act together on. They say I was late 1 time as follows:

Equifax: late 1 time June 2005
Experian: late 1 time June 2004
TransUnion: late 1 time June 2002

This account was a 24 month personal loan opened May 2004 and PAID IN FULL July 2005

By the way, they have me paying all the way until July 2007.

ANY help on this would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 GW

If they don't respond to a GW letter where you point out their mistake to them, you will probably have to go through the formal dispute and verification process with the CRA.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, and even stayed for the encore.

Every time I bring this up to the CRA's or to the bank, IT GETS WORSE!!!!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here in my state (MD), I found an office which is part of the Attorney Generals office that was willing to help me. As it turned out, the creditor realized their mistake when I pointed it out to them, and they corrected the entries on my CRs.  If you KNOW you are right and they are wrong, and you have been through the usual dispute / verification process, you would probably either have to try your Attorney General if you just want to try and get it fixed, or sue them if you don't mind paying for a lawyer and you want to stick it to them for violating your fair credit rights.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.