Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 won't remove me as an AU!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 won't remove me as an AU!

Hi FICO friends!
Capital One is reporting to Equifax that I am an authorized user to a charged off account. When I called to have myself removed they gave me a really hard time and swore that they couldn't find the account. I spent 3 hours on the phone with them and could not get this resolved.
Should it really be this hard to have yourself removed as an AU?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 won't remove me as an AU!

wow! thats a disaster! why couldnt they find it?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Capital One gave me every excuse in the book: Only the CRAs can take off an AU, I have to have the primary cardholders permission to be taken off as an AU, and then I to know the primary cardholders social. Finally (and several agents later) they admitted that the couldn't find an account that I'm attached to and don't know why they are reporting me as such....but since they can't find the account they said they can't stop reporting me. Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi FICO friends!
Capital One is reporting to Equifax that I am an authorized user to a charged off account. When I called to have myself removed they gave me a really hard time and swore that they couldn't find the account. I spent 3 hours on the phone with them and could not get this resolved.
Should it really be this hard to have yourself removed as anAU?

I think best and easiest way to get this done is by getting a copy of your credit report and open a dispute. They will delete it for you since it will show AU in their records.

Message 4 of 6
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Dispute it all off. Capital One can't and won't do anything.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for listing your APRs in your signature. What is the best way to lower them? 

Close them and re-open .. ?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.