Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

Re: Chexsystems?

Site seems sketchy, I don't need my report bad enough to enter my SS# for it out of curiosity (I have never had a check returned, don't know what else it contains?)

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

New Contributor
cleansheet

The Chexsystems report covers your bank accounts.  They list enquiries for opening new accounts, what checks you have been issued (not all check issuers do this), and then any negatives.  The negatives include if you have written a bad check, overdrawn your account (not sure how badly you need to do this to be listed), drawn funds on a closed account, failed to pay any money owing to the bank on time.  I have not come across any monitoring service which lists Chexsystems information, so the only way I know to check your report is to order it directly from them.

Starting Score: 2012-10-06 EX: SSN has not been allocated! (funny I pay my taxes)
Current Score: 2013-10 Average 718
Goal Score: 760+

guiness56

QAMngrGirl wrote:

Site seems sketchy, I don't need my report bad enough to enter my SS# for it out of curiosity (I have never had a check returned, don't know what else it contains?)

I can assue you they are not sketcy.  They are a legitmate CRA for the banking industry.  I don't give up my SSN to many, especially online.

If you have never wrote a bad check or had any issues with a bank account, like overdrafts etc, you probably aren't on there.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+