Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed 8 "store" cards.

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Closed 8 "store" cards.

ok...so i was weak the last 5 months and apped for cards just to app because I was getting approved for everything that was a "store" card.  Ive kinda gotten out of that frame of mind now, and looking at the bigger picture later down the road. 

Today  closed 8 store cards, and the names of the cards are irrelivant ......the total amount between all the cards closed was $3700, so as you can imagine, the limits were lower toy ones.  This  Will not effect me one bit in my overall utilization, and they will continue to report for the next 10 yrs anyways.  

At the end of the year,  I will reevaluate my "store card" situation again, and see what else I can live  without..I actually feel good about doing this. 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed 8 "store" cards.

Yay pizza!! Good for you. You don't need them! And eventually when you get all your prime cards you can only keep the ones you actually shop at. Which ones did you close?
Message 2 of 43
Chilli
Established Contributor

Congrats, Pizza.

Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that you've made room in the portfolio, what's next up on the apps list?  whistle.gif

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got faith in Pizza! No more store cards!!
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done and good job!!

Message 6 of 43
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats--I'm going to do some trimmimg in a couple of months also--but keeping any of the 6 store cards I have which have VERY HIGH growth potetial via SP CLI. I don't have J. Crew but I saw someone on here the other day with a $12K and some change limit! Just something to keep in mind as you continue to close yours.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 43
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats--I'm going to do some trimmimg in a couple of months also--but keeping any of the 6 store cards I have which have VERY HIGH growth potetial via SP CLI. I don't have J. Crew but I saw someone on here the other day with a $12K and some change limit! Just something to keep in mind as you continue to close yours.

Pizza has plenty of limit to not worry about growing store cards.  She does need to keep growing scores in mind (more important).  

Good job young lady. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 43
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

GOOD for YOU!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 43
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone....

I'm almost too embarrassed to say but the ones I closed are: BP gas, Texaco/Chevron gas, Valero gas, Banana Republic, New York & Co, Kohls, Eddie Bauer, Nebraska Furnitune Mart.

I have a lot more cards, that I WON'T reveal at this time, lol!!! I've got plenty of credit and cards, so this will effect me none as said earlier.

At this point in my credit game, I'm only getting approved for store cards, not majors, so I will garden, work on CLI on my majors, and close 10 more store cards over the next year.

I just got carried away as we all do sometimes, but sitting down and really thinking about things, made me think about what I want long term, not just short term and the feeling of yet another store and approval.

Thanks for the support!!Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.