Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating CC debt

tag
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Consolidating CC debt

I close escrow this week on a new property. I would like to consolidate my cc debt after I close. I'm unsure if that would be okay to do. Can someone chime in on suggestions. Thanks.

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Consolidating CC debt

After closing I do not see why not. Whats with all the moved posts? Someone has to much time. 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

t cRe: Consolidating CC debt

What are your concerns about consolidating?  If it is a FICO concern, FICO does not really care about how you pay debt.  They care about your timeliness and your % util.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Consolidating CC debt

@jeffery581 wrote:

After closing I do not see why not. Whats with all the moved posts? Someone has to much time. 

Well since I am retired I suppose I do have more time on my hands than I used to.  Smiley Happy

The other mods and I try to put posts where we think they will get the most exposure and the most help and advice. For many posts it's pretty simple to know where to move it but other times it can be a very subjective exercise and is certainly not an art or science. There is often not a perfect board for a post.

I'm sure for every person who wonders why a post was moved there is another member wondering why a post wasn't moved to a different board. We get notes all the time asking something like "Wouldn't this be better in the ...........board"? And that's fine. We encourage such messages because none of us can read everything all the time.

I think we do the best we can but there will always be movements of posts that make people wonder why it was done. And as long as we humans are doing it there will be mistakes made.

Message 4 of 5
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Re: t cRe: Consolidating CC debt

@RobertEG wrote:

What are your concerns about consolidating?  If it is a FICO concern, FICO does not really care about how you pay debt.  They care about your timeliness and your % util.

Can you be a bit more specific?

My main concern is to save interest.

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.