Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma and FICO shows EXACT same score on EQ LOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma and FICO shows EXACT same score on EQ LOL

I usually check CK every Sunday morning to make sure everything's reporting correctly and to check around.

I knew Credit Karma shows FAKO scores but one thing caught my attention right now is that BOTH Eqifuax here on FICO *AND* Credit Karma shows 693!

TU shows 690 on CK while here it is 660 (30 point different, althought I wish it was switched Smiley Very Happy LOL!)

Does anyone experienced FAKO and FICO showing exact same scores from respective CRs like mine?

Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma and FICO shows EXACT same score on EQ LOL

Mine did for awhile but as I obtained new credit, closed other cards fico went up and CK went down because they don't factor in closed accounts among other things. My CK was actually higher than fico. Then it was the same for awhile while I was rebuilding. Now they are 100 points lower than fico.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I usually check CK every Sunday morning to make sure everything's reporting correctly and to check around.

I knew Credit Karma shows FAKO scores but one thing caught my attention right now is that BOTH Eqifuax here on FICO *AND* Credit Karma shows 693!

TU shows 690 on CK while here it is 660 (30 point different, althought I wish it was switched Smiley Very Happy LOL!)

Does anyone experienced FAKO and FICO showing exact same scores from respective CRs like mine?

Cheers!

CAMailman

Maybe once every 6 months.  I just wish that my FICO score was closer to the one listed on credit.com; it's almost at 700.  Oh.....well, life goes on.  Did y'all finally decide on which cards to apply for your daughter?

Message 3 of 10
800ficogirl
Regular Contributor

No my Fico is always about 25-40 points higher than CK. So I just add 30 points to anything CK says. Like now it's says 746 so I know I'm close to 800s. I wouldn't mind paying extra for CK to show true fico score. I love the platform and slowly getting over not seeing my "report card" anymore since I can see my whole credit report now & have the "factors".

Starting Score: 524
Current Score:672-709
Goal Score:800

WellsFargo $2700 - NF Rewards Visa Signature $5000 - NF Rewards $3200 - Barclay $5500 - Walmart $3500- Sleep center $2000 - Cap One Quick Silver $4500 - Khols $300- HHGreggs $3000 - NFCU Checking Line $15,000 - Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Message 4 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'd imagine that at any given time the scores could randomly match. Not so much because they are alike in their scoring, but that was just how it worked out. I think more often than not they will be different for most.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.... Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe once every 6 months.  I just wish that my FICO score was closer to the one listed on credit.com; it's almost at 700.  Oh.....well, life goes on.  Did y'all finally decide on which cards to apply for your daughter?

LOL!

She haven't decided on it yet as it's not needed in the next couple months (training, etc...) so she will make decision by then (just to see if there's any new card features coming up when applying, e.g. sign-up bonus, etc...) Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It can happen.  Just remember that coincidental and causal are not the same thing.

@Anonymous wrote:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day....

Don't assume that one is right and the other is wrong.  Even FICO models produce different numbers with the same report data.  One should expect different algorithms that evaluate report data differently and that my have different scoring ranges to produce different numbers.

Always consider the relevance of a given model/CRA combo to a given creditor product.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the very 1st time, my CK TU score matched myFICO TU score. 

Message 9 of 10
800ficogirl
Regular Contributor

Well maybe I spoke too soon. For the first time of my knowledge my CK Trans & Fico are generally the same. CK show 723 and my Barclay Fico updated today shows 722. Only off my +1 point on CK which is usually lower. I wonder if this is a new scoring model that is extremely similar to Fico or a (broken clock) kinda thing lol. Will keep monitoring it as my last baddie falls off

Starting Score: 524
Current Score:672-709
Goal Score:800

WellsFargo $2700 - NF Rewards Visa Signature $5000 - NF Rewards $3200 - Barclay $5500 - Walmart $3500- Sleep center $2000 - Cap One Quick Silver $4500 - Khols $300- HHGreggs $3000 - NFCU Checking Line $15,000 - Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.