Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D*** Skippy TU!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

D*** Skippy TU!

I asked TU to delete *early* my 3 Amer General Finance accounts (student loans).  I just looked at the paperwork & it says DELETED next to all three!  YIPEEEEEE!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: D*** Skippy TU!

Need more info. I am so confused, were these positive accounts or baddies?  And, you asked them to please delete early and they did?  Whaaah? How did you get them to do that!
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

they typically don't budge one iota on sl's, please give more details if willing
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Getting dinged *fico-wise* for having all these *finance* accounts.  We had three student loans with American Gen. Finance.  They were in good standing and all paid in full, but one due to fall off late 08....two in 09.

I sent TU a request via a letter I printed out from my-fico asking them to please delete early.  And they did!!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm....didn't even think of this. Dear BF has a few old student loan accounts from 1999. Did your score go up after they were deleted?
Message 5 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

difficult to say because I gained +13, but everything else was paid on time as well. 
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I'm thinkin' his reports need all the positive accounts it can get. I'll leave well enough alone.
Congrats to you on your success though!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.