Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES TIME REALLY HEAL......JUDGMENTS??

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

DOES TIME REALLY HEAL......JUDGMENTS??

I would like to know what time will do to my almost 3 year old judgement...and how much longer until it will REALLY come off? 

Message Edited by Timothy on 03-21-2008 10:13 PM

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOES TIME REALLY HEAL......JUDGMENTS??

total of 7 years from filing

Message Edited by Timothy on 03-21-2008 10:13 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry- I had to edit your posts =

It's Judgment NOT JUDGEMENT

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard after 2 years...The Judgement does not affect your credit score but it still can keep you from applying for a mortgage. Which is my case at this time.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard after 2 years...The Judgement does not affect your credit score but it still can keep you from applying for a mortgage. Which is my case at this time.

I don't think that is right. I get a bump every November when mine ages another year. I always assumed it was from the judgment getting another year older, but I could be wrong. Can anyone verify this statement?
Message 5 of 7
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I know having them say paid/released is far better than them sitting their open. I know if you pull your CR with a monitoring service and go to dispute with EX and TU you can see the drop off date, all mines have them. I never complete the dispute process, but I do print that page that has the drop off dates.

They still cause me heartburn when applying for cc, but then again I had no revolving accounts and I'm in full rebuilding mode. I've called and searched online for my judgments and nothing at all comes-up for me. I plan to make a trip next week to the courthouse to see if I can get any answers in person, if nothing exists I will dispute, because they're the bane of my credit life Smiley Wink!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had some judgements fall off at 7 years..5 points at  is all we got if I recall correctly...may have even been less...then remember you MAY well be rebucketed so may actually incur a bigger temporary loss as well as that  .

Actually one is still on our Eq report and it is over 7 years old..Eq said its 7 seven years from date of release (when it was paid)..however TU and EX said 7 years from filing (and removed it).If anyne knows something else let me know  : )

We also bought a house with them on our CR ...mind that was 2 years ago maybe things have changed  : )

Message Edited by CRASMAKEMEPUKE on 03-22-2008 09:13 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.