Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this make sense?

tag
atl
Contributor

Does this make sense?

I just got off the phone with an OC. I have a bill which is in collections. Only the CA is reporting though.

Now, I paid half of the bill which is a total of $70, and I paid it to the CA. Now, I just paid the other half to the OC. I asked her what is going to happen, and she said that they let each other (CA ond OC) know if a payment was made. I asked if it still would be in collections, and she said 'yes'.

This is an interesting situation...what would you do if half of the bill was paid to the OC and the other half was paid to the CA?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does this make sense?

Sorry to say that you handled this in a way that is not going to help you-

The CA will be marked PAID collection with a zero balance and will stay on you CR for 7 years past DOFD.

The OC took the payment so they still owned it-

atl wrote:
I just got off the phone with an OC. I have a bill which is in collections. Only the CA is reporting though.

Now, I paid half of the bill which is a total of $70, and I paid it to the CA. Now, I just paid the other half to the OC. I asked her what is going to happen, and she said that they let each other (CA ond OC) know if a payment was made. I asked if it still would be in collections, and she said 'yes'.

This is an interesting situation...what would you do if half of the bill was paid to the OC and the other half was paid to the CA?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 5
atl
Contributor

Crap. How should I have handled this situation...not pay half to the CA?
Message 3 of 5
FICOfit
Contributor

Since it seems the OC still owned it (they just assigned a CA to collect, didn't sell), you should have dealt with the OC....they, then, can pull it back from the CA, which makes it much easier to get off your reports.
05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 4 of 5
atl
Contributor

Arrrggghhhh...

Thanks for your help. I swear, I must be the only one that cannot have anything on their CR taken off.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.