Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax blocking access to generate a score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax blocking access to generate a score

Since Saturday I've been unable to get access to my Equifax score or to get a copy of the current report of any of my reports on True Credit (yes, I know TC are FAKOs, I wanted to use it to monitor).

A lengthy phone call to Equifax says my report is "too long" to generate a score on scorewatch beacuse of the disputes that are currently being processed and that they can't do anything about the fact that the current credit report can't be used to generate a score. Basically they are saying that I can buy my too-long credit report from them if I want today's report, but otherwise I would have to call each company that had something disputed. (And if I wanted to know which disputes are causing this, I have to pay for the report!) I'm actually entitled to a free annual from Equifax but I can't access that online, but get an error message directing me to request it by mail only. The way true credit is set up they do a 3-in-1 with scores, so I can't update at all while Equifax is doing this.

I've never had problems with earlier disputes on any of the three before. These last disputes were largely fine-combing and had a number of points to dispute that seemed to be Equifax glitches--like reporting a tradeline as "other/unknown" and also putting lates on student loans from five years ago as some kind of permanent 30-day lates (the loans were consolidated, Equifax wasn't marking them as closed).

Anyone have any ideas or input on this mess?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax blocking access to generate a score

I've heard of that happening when you do daily pulls... makes the report too long.  I think you have to ask them to merge it or something related to that... I know I have seen threads on it here.

As for EQ and annualcreditreport.com,  DH had the almost the same issue where it referred him back to EQ, yet... when he logged onto his EQ account, the order was there and current CR viewable. Odd... but check in case you have the same glitch. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like it could be a split file.. Regardless, what you have or havn't disputed is irrelevant. Just call and ask them to merge your files.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been calling and calling and calling. Basically Equifax is telling me that I have to buy a report from them and then and only then can they address the problem!

I called four different numbers. One person told me there was only one report, another told me I could only know if it was a split report if I paid for a report. I was also told that they will only remove inquiries if I buy a new report.

If I have the True Credit service where I'm supposed to be able to pull reports then isn't this illegal? They keep on giving me the run around and only come back to if you buy from us....
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.