Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud alert removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraud alert removal

Do have to contact all 3 Credit(TU,EX,EP) to remove a 90 fraud alert? I called TU and had it remove just wanna see if I have to contact the other 2.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud alert removal

Depends who has the alert, whoever has the alert has to be removed from them individually.

I recently called 2/3 to remove and was shut down and told to do it via mail with proof of ID
Message 2 of 9
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do have to contact all 3 Credit(TU,EX,EP) to remove a 90 fraud alert? I called TU and had it remove just wanna see if I have to contact the other 2.

Yes... if its a result of a dispute you did or something along those lines with an account on all 3. it will trigger a 90 day on all three. I just had to remove them all a few days ago from all three. and you can do them over the phone no matter what someone said b/c i just did. 

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 605A requires a CRA that receives either an initial or extended fraud alert to refer the information regarding the fraud alert to each of the other consumer reporting agencies, and that the other agencies treat the alert the same as if it had come from the consumer of his representative.

However, no such referral requirement is imposed upon rescission of a fraud alert, thus requiring the consumer to separately notice each CRA for which they wish the alert to be rescinded.

Also, a fraud alert additionally includes an automatic opt-out from promotional offers for credit, so if you wish to opt back in, you should send a notice to the CRAs or you will continue to be in an opt-out status.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What numbers did you call Tuff? Obviously TU was done in 2 seconds, but ex refused to do it. I'm on hold from the same number rn to try again
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called all 3 back to back about a month ago and they removed them the same day. Didn't have to send anything in.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax was painless. They removed without any hassle. Experian a rep wouldn't do it. Called back she would, then the call dropped. Called back and the girl wouldn't, asked for a supervisor, long hold, she agreed to do it, long hold, claims it was removed and will be gone in 72 hours.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys for your helpful answers.

Message 8 of 9
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

All I did is call the regular Customer service number and ask to do phone verification via security questions. They will ask stuff about your CR. so have that handy. If they tell you to send in docs. tell them you dont feel comfortable sending sensitive information through the mail. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.