Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter?

tag
TULO30
Contributor

GW Letter?

My credit report shows 6 lates from different vendors from 2002 and 03.  Everything since 2003 has been current. 

One of these lates is a student loan that is now current and has been since 2002.  Is it worth trying to get these lates removed?  Should I submit a GW letter requesting that the lates be taken off?  Does anyone have a sample of such a letter?  Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter?

I did not write a letter, however, I called NelNet - my student loan provider and asked over the phone for them to correct my report.  Said I had been paying on time for several years and would like a gw adjustment.. I was told they could not do that by law because the report was not accurate.  Asked again, I said they could use their discretion, late because of job loss, trying to rebuid credit etc...  Still nothing..... BUT the next month the negatives came off all three reports!  I think the conversation was being recorded and she had to say the "correct " thing but went ahead and deleted them anyway.  Give it a try!
Message 2 of 4
TULO30
Contributor

I will do it!!!!  Thanks so very much Mosieon.  Guess what my loan is with Nelnet too!  I really appreciate your help.

Did it improve your credit score at all?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

only about 3-4 points - but every bit helps.  Also helps to have it showing as a good account, I have enough bads!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.