Did you mean: 

Getting COMPLETELY different scores from each of the 3 bureaus

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: Getting COMPLETELY different scores from each of the 3 bureaus

devlinnyc,

I can at least say this about the scores that you can see:

Your scores from the EQ 3 in 1 and EX 3 in 1 are going to be closer to your real FICOs in terms of numerical value than the one you got from TU. That TU Vantage score has a much wider range with a much higher top-end score than other models. It tops out in the 900s while all other models are in the mid 800s...FICO and imitation alike. My wife's Vantage Score from TU is like 913 right now but her real FICOs are in the upper 700s or around 800.

For example, my Vantage Score TU is currently 756 (according to Credit Karma) and it has been that number for a weeks now. HOWEVER, my TU score with the PLUS Score model (Experian's imitation model) from FreeCreditReport.com was 716 last week while my real TU FICO from this site was 712 on 2/13 (and probably isn't much different today since my Vantage Score hasn't moved at all during that time frame). A few weeks ago, I did a 3 in 1 from TransUnion's site and all 3 of my scores were in the mid 700s (Vantage Score). Now, I haven't done a TU score from EQ with their BEACON model that they use on their site in a while but I can guarantee that my TU score based on that model would be closer to my FICO and PLUS score than to the Vantage Score. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I think MarineVietVet is saying that none of the scores OP posted, not even from Equifax, are Beacon scores. "Beacon" is a FICO score for EQ (e.g. Beacon 5.0 as on here, Beacon 9.0, etc.). There are no TU or EX scores using the Beacon model since Beacon is the branding for an EQ FICO.

The FAKO scores posted by OP are all Vantage for the first 3-in-1, PLUS scores for the 2nd 3-in-1, and EQ's FAKO "Equifax Credit Scores" for the 3rd set.

And definitely don't correlate FAKOs with FICOs. My Vantage is lower than my FICO.  For most it's higher. My PLUS scores are typically 40-50 off. Sometimes they're close. And EQ's FAKO "Equifax Credit Score" are always about 50-60 points lower than my FICO when pulled the same day. I have one FAKO (cc-enhanced TransRisk) that's about 180 lower as of this moment compared to my TU FICO.

Message 12 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

llecs,

If "BEACON" is a FICO score, then I am misusing terminology. I was under the impression that "BEACON" was the name of Equifax's in-house FAKO that is used to produce scores on equifax.com. I have a subscription at that site to monitor my EQ Report with unlimited daily pulls. Therefore, the scoring model is obviously the property of Equifax. I could have sworn it was called "BEACON". I very well may be mistaken.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 13 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I thought there was a misunderstanding of the word. Beacon is a FICO term (here's the PR from FICO for Beacon 9.0). EQ's FAKO is simply called an "Equifax Credit Score". Clever play to confuse everyone, IMO. BTW, they aren't as bad now, but if you called EQ and asked which score they offered through products like Credit Complete, they'd respond by saying "FICO", which isn't the case. Bums.

Message 14 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

llecs,

Yes. You are correct. I just went to find some fine print on equifax.com and they call it simply the "Equifax Credit Score" with the little "R" after it. Not sure where I saw "Beacon" as being the name of Equifax's "FAKO" score but I obviously got the terms mixed up along the way somewhere. Thanks for the clarification. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.