Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Growing tired of the game.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Growing tired of the game.

Had a 661 w/Equifax finally after 3 years of being a good boy and changing buckets.
   Dropped down to 658 because of an inquiry which was not mine then dropped down to 654 for another inquiry that was not mine. Disputed both, came off and got ack from Equifax stating deleted and got 2 stinking points back.

What happened to the 7 I lost.

Man I'm tired of this game.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Growing tired of the game.

Zman, I know the feeling. My EX score in Oct was 690, when I got new loan. I had a bogus collection show up out of the blue in Nov. score drops to 669. Gets removed in Dec. and I get 8 points back. Like you, I want to know where the other 13 are. Don't get weary in well-doing. We have to continue to fight or they will run roughshod over us.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, it not a number to be aiming for but a 'level' (in ohter words a range of scoring) that you want to stay within. An 820 won't get you much more than a 780 (maybe a few different CC offers and limits; and the limits also have to do with income).

Set goals for staying with a range of score for that level not a specific number and stop stressing.
Message 3 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Agreed.  My scores are going to steadily drop for a while as the last CC and new Car Loan hit.  But they are in the area I want them in, so I will just keep piffing along, notapping along and nicely ageing along, and things will improve.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks people, still so tired of being perfect for 3 years and not going anywhere above 660 which is a milestone, but it has stuck around this number for the past 2 years even with a perfect mortgage, low credit card utilization and perfect everything else.
And then to loose 7 points thru no fault of my own and only get 2 back. I want the 7 back and NOW

Gotta go take a Valium and a Prozac now.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hang in there zman.  My score dropped 55 points when I paid off my mortgage.  Only credit I have left are revolving accounts that I PIF every month.  EQ said score would increase in a few weeks.  Looks like It can take from 2 - 8 weeks for the scoring systems to be updated.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Folks, thanks for the pep talk.

Got my other 7 points back today. back at 661 (Equifax)  Don't let anyone ever tell you you might only see a small drop from Inquiries.
TU and EX are at 678 & 677 not worried about them so much.

Those ficticious 2 Inquiries were within 5 days of each other and should have shown as 1 per the game rules but it hit me twice and I lost 2 and then another 5 for a total of 7 points.
 If I was a 850 I would have cared less, but finally getting to a new scoring range like 660 it HURTS. 

Now have to wait for January update for some more goodies.

Thank God for Prozac.

Message Edited by zman on 01-16-2008 07:36 AM
Message 7 of 8
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Yeah I feel your pain, Ive only been in the game for a few months and I am already tired of it. My scores are stagnant right now, and I have worked hard to get them where they are, but there will be a lot of changes in the coming months and my scores are gonna plummet with the inquiries and new accounts.  FICO has become and obsession to me, and it stresses me out big time.

When I had an unauthorized account opened on my EQ I lost 17 points. I closed it and got it deleted and only gained about 8 points so I know your pain.  I have since paid down considerably on other accounts and am back to where I started, I too would like to know where my points are.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.