Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Revolving Trade Line removed

tag
katsr
Established Member

Help! Revolving Trade Line removed

Hello again with another question about the consequences of a goodwill letter.

I had an account with Providian from 2000-2002 with 3 30-day lates reported to EQ and TU (Experian didn't show the late payments). On all 3 reports, the account was marked as PIF and closed by the consumer.

Earlier this month, I sent Providian a GW letter asking them to remove the 3 30 day lates. Yesterday I received a letter from Providian/WaMu saying that they had not been able to verify the account and had eradicated it from my CRs. And, sure enough, when I pulled TC, my Providian account was no longer on my report.

Is this a good or a bad thing? I hadn't expected the entire TL to be removed, just the 3 30-day lates. Will eliminating a TL adversely affect my score?

Thanks again for all the good advice!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Revolving Trade Line removed

I am no professional on the boards, but I think that it good.  You didn't have the TL long enough for it to really impact your scores? and since you had those lates that were hurting you on it, I say be glad.  I had several tradelines deleted and some had good history and I wasn't happy about them being deleted, but others that were negs, I didn't care.  Good for you.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this a closed account? If so, when was it opened and closed? If it was closed, I guess that it wasn't bad that the TL got completely removed because closed accounts with derogs will stay on your reports for 7 years from DOFD.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

katsr----What address did you send your GW letter to?
Message 4 of 6
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I am interested to get their contact information as well.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The OP's TL being removed is bad (not good), the 30-day lates 5 or more years old are not hurting much.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.