Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help????!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help????!!

I had an account with Raymour and Flanigan back in 2004. I paid off the account, and although it was a charge off, it was showing as a a zero balance for the past few years.

All of a sudden, I now have TWO accounts on my credit report from Raymour and Flanigan, one showing a zero balance, the other showing $9,000 past due!!!!

I disputed the account, it came back verified, I called Raymour and Flanigan, they said they would look into it and get back to me, but I know talking to them over the phone was bad...

Can anyone give me advice...how can I get them to remove the addtional account I never had, and delete the amount that I don't owe? Does anyone have a sample letter or an email address or mail address that I can send the letter to, like the CEO of Raymour and Flanigan.

Ugh, I am so upset, this was the first thing I paid when I started to clean up my credit!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help????!!

"Can anyone give me advice...how can I get them to remove the addtional account I never had, and delete the amount that I don't owe?"

Ouch! That would upset me to no end.

Have you sent to the CRA's a DV? If you have and it has come back as verified, you can dispute with the CRA's as not mine.

If you have in fact paid it off, then I'd suggest a GW letter. The only way I'm aware of to have a collection removed, if it's paid.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Good luck to you.
Message 2 of 3
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help????!!

If you have the payment records, I would send those to the law firm indicating that you've paid, and that they are defaming your credit (also cc everything to the FTC and make sure the law firm knows that).

You can make it go away, but you need the documentation that you've made the payment. You can get copies of the canceled checks from your bank up to 3 years ago (at least) so hurry up and go through your check register so you can put together your case file.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.