Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad will Judgment hurt score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How bad will Judgment hurt score?

HEY - Happy New Year to all!  I appreciate your input - at least one of my scores is over 700 but the other two FAKO seem to be hovering around 690, I just brought UTL down to 50% and am working on this.

My previous landlord tried to get me (smoker) to pay for re-doing the entire unit and took his good old sweet time "assessing damage" for 75 days!  Law states 21 and according to the attorney I spoke with, "assessing" is not an explanation for not returning a deposit.  I filed a suit as advised, they filed for an extreme amount, it seems as if we kind of won but he said we were awarded nothing, just reduced the amount the people will get in Judgment unless we appeal.

IF I decide not to appeal and judgment is entered, how bad is this going to hurt???  I've worked so hard, now own a home - I'm wondering if I should apply for a few CC's before this happens - THANKS for any advice!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How bad will Judgment hurt score?

If a judgment is entered against you, it's going to hurt really badly. Probably > 50 points.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything I can do like enter an explanation or leave it?? Danged if you do the right thing and danged if you don'tSmiley Sad  Suckes to work hard for something and have it knocked that far...Smiley Sad

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

From a scoring standpoint, it doesn't matter what you have notated. If there is a PR showing on your reports, it will hurt and hurt badly. I am not 100% sure, I follow. You lost the judgment, but the amount you owe is less than they asked for. You stated that you kind of won--is that what you mean? How come your atty didn't fight it with the assessment defense?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.