cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix TU and EQ report difference??

tag
stylenjen
Established Member

How to fix TU and EQ report difference??

I just pulled both my Transunion and Equifax reports... and was surprised at the difference in scores. TU - 679 EQ - 702. Looks like there are three collections on my TU report that are not on my EQ report. A note on the collections listed on my TU report says I have disputed these collections, but they're still there. Is there anything else I can do?? Why would collections show on one report and not the other?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: How to fix TU and EQ report difference??

Original creditors must pay the EQ, TU, EX to report this data. Some loans/obligations only report to one agency, others all three. YMMV on this one.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: How to fix TU and EQ report difference??

It's also possible that EQ may have decided to drop the collections prior to the full 7.5 year exclusion period. How old are these collections and do you know the date that the original account went into default? According to your remarks you have previously disputed these accounts and the collection agency affirmed the accuracy to at least TU. It may also be that the dispute resolution involved dropping the accounts from EQ. Without a little more information from you this is all speculation. If you pull your TU report directly from TU or through the annual credit report website you should be able to determine when these accounts are scheduled to be removed from your TU report.

Barring any incorrect reporting there is nothing but time that will resolve the discrepancy. If there is incorrect reporting that you can document then you may have alternatives in the dispute process.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.