Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm At A Standstill!! Please help!

tag
TheNiceVoice

I'm At A Standstill!! Please help!

Hi Guys...

This board has been MORE than a blessing.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed...especially those who are always so willing to help those of us who are in need.

As a result of this board, I began cleaning up this mess in Oct.  I was relatively successful...seeing my score go up about 20 points in less than a month. I couldn't get approved for ANYTHING...and then suddenly, I was able to get a C1 credit card and a Target card. I've been using them for small purchases and have always paid the balance in full within 2 weeks. I also attempted to apply for a Macy's card and was declined. That inquiry made ALL of the work that I had done go straight to the toilet because my scored dropped 18 points.

Bottom line, I have a couple of accounts on my CR left. I tried to do a couple of PFDs to no avail. The total amount left on these accounts is probably less than a thousand dollars. Since I can't seem to get anyone to delete them, should I just go ahead and pay them? This will mean that I won't owe a soul.

I am dying to see some more progress but my score has only moved 2 points in the past 2 months.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...You guys are truly the best.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm At A Standstill!! Please help!

TheNiceVoice wrote:
 Since I can't seem to get anyone to delete them, should I just go ahead and pay them? This will mean that I won't owe a soul.

Should we pay our bills? Yes.......we SHOULD but sometimes have reasons we don't

Score wise---a collection is a collection-paid or unpaid.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm At A Standstill!! Please help!

What are the accounts that you would like gone??   what is the DOFD  DOLA and your SOL???

What have you done so far  that hasn't worked?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.