Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this true?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this true?

I had an account with a small retail store around here. It's listed on my TU report as an "installment sales account", but is not listed on the other two CRA's.

I contacted the store directly and spoke with the credit manager, of whom advised me that they only report to TU and that the other two CRA's are supposed to "pick up" on the account because they "work together" and they have an agreement where the only report to TU.

I asked in regards to getting a letter, stating account information so it can be provided to the other two CRA's and he told me he was unabel to do so because of the "agreement" with TU.

Is this correct? How can it be fair reporting if i'm limited to having it reported only to one CRA?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Is this true?

I have a store card that reports only to TU and EQ.  They provided me with a letter that I will be sending to EX, asking them to add it to my report.  However, as I understand it, the report will NOT be updated even if they add it.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that account reporting is optional for the creditor to begin with. They don't have to report anything. I have accounts like that as well. Not all report to all 3 bureaus and contrary to popular belief, the big 3 don't propagate all information amongst themselves.

Also, wanted to add...EX doesn't care if you send in your account info. Creditors subscribe to the bureaus and submit account info electronically via Metro 2. The bureaus don't report on their own behalf, they are simply the conduit through which the creditor reports.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-23-2007 08:32 AM
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

devhip wrote:
Not all report to all 3 bureaus and contrary to popular belief, the big 3 don't propagate all information amongst themselves.

hence you have to dispute everything with all three, and dispute agian for you partner, if you have one.

I just wish TU was the only CRA (my highest score at the moment!  Smiley Very Happy )
Message 4 of 6
MM1234
Regular Contributor

I had the same. I had a lease that was only reported to Experian. Never to TU or EQ. Same for some other loans. I guess you can try to ask them to report but they may only do it that one time. I've noticed that on some of my accounts. Looks like that Company only reported once every 6 months to a certain CRA. The larger CCard companies usually report to all 3.

This is why all 3 scores vary and some can vary big time if you end up with a company that only reports to 1 or 2.
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

One reason EX is my lowest score (by more than 50 points) is that I have a short credit history because the credit card I have had longest (and with a perfect record) does not report to them.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.