GraciAnn

Just Wondering if Corrected Mistake Adversely Affects Score

After pulling my annual credit report, I noticed bank reported my final  car payment as 60 days late way back in March.  Apparently, I still had $16 due & wasn't sent an invoice, however the bank quickly corrected this to 'never late' after I contacted them.  My question is - even though this mistake was corrected 3 months later, does it still adversely effect my FICO score?  In otherwords, does score automatically go up to what the score would have been?  Or are a few points or more knocked off because the odds of having a dispute Anyway -  in the eyes of the FICO calculator -  might possibly indicate I could be (slightly) at fault?  I didn't check the score prior to mistake so I'm not sure if the bank caused my score to go down some or not.  Thanks.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Just Wondering if Corrected Mistake Adversely Affects Score

[ Edited ]
Welcome.. assuming it's no longer reporting it's the same as never being there. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-22-2007 04:06 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+