Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some info on Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some info on Collections

Hi, just got my first fico score ever today. When I pulled my report I see that I have two collections. The first one was back in 2001 from Vectren Power Company. When I moved out of my apartment because of my roommate I didn't get the name on the bill switched. He bailed on the last payment of 108 dollars and I got tagged by the CA and paid the debt. It is listed as paid. The second was in 2006 also from Vectren Power Company. It is a debt for 140 dollars. I have no memory of owing them money. I can only guess that somehow I missed my last payment when I moved to Nevada from Indiana. This debt is listed as unpaid and I have never been alerted of this debt by either the CA or Vectren. I only discovered it after pulling my report. Is there anything I can do? It sucks that I never even had a chance to pay the debt before it was turned to CA. Should I just pay it, and will that help my score at all once i do pay it?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.