Established Contributor
beach123

Re: New IRS Question

I have been writing, told them there was no way I could afford to pay since they have added so much interest...and my letter kind of "threw" them, they responded stating they hadn't finished researching "how" to respond.  I've received 2 of these letters.

I called on Friday to see if I could work out a deal...the collections biach would NOT let me off the phone until I agreed to pay $155/mo, which I can't but I honestly did NOT know what else to say...she said I already broke one agreement and I said you better get your records straight because I NEVER agreed to it before, and if you'd read my letter you would KNOW that...she said I could NOT work out a deal because I work (wages), and our garnishment is SEVERE (yeah, she said it that way)...anyway, she advised me to sell anything I could and get them paid.

I have half the mind to call back & say since she was so rude and demanding I'm quitting my job, we'll be on the street and they can kiss my a...unfortunately, I am not like that...

I chose to have very little taken out of my paychecks upon my divorce so I could not work a 2nd job & be home with my kids when they were with me...if I had known then they'd never consider working with me or they'd charge me ridiculous interest & penalty, I would have had to figure something else out or let my kids be cared for by others...

As far as any OIC, I reviewed the latest form, they want to know about my roommate (proof of his income), fuel receipts for the past 3 months, groceries, medical, etc. and I simply don't have them - I don't keep them.   I have very little deductions because I rent:smileysad:

Funny thing is I even invited the IRS agent in my state to my home last year to prove to her I was NOT living lavishly, she's no longer at the number I have so I can't try to work through her...

Thanks to all of you, this forum has been a great support system for me, I really want to do the right thing but it seems like I will never achieve it:smileysad:  My credit is doing well...save for the IRS...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}