Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Authorized Inq Letter

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Non Authorized Inq Letter

getnthere wrote:

I have multiple inquiries from the same unauthorized inquirer, is each offense worth $1000 or are they considered one offense?

Each is $1k
Message 81 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bump

I don't think the company is going to remove the inq.  What do I do next if they don't, file a claim in small claims court?

They removed it!!!  This letter really works!  I really shouldn't pull EX again, as I just pulled it a few days ago; however, if i don't pull today, I might never be able to again....  I'm so torn!

Message 82 of 107
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Mike14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bump

I don't think the company is going to remove the inq.  What do I do next if they don't, file a claim in small claims court?

They removed it!!!  This letter really works!  I really shouldn't pull EX again, as I just pulled it a few days ago; however, if i don't pull today, I might never be able to again....  I'm so torn!

Congrats!
Message 83 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, we pulled both my wife's and my Experian FICOs late Friday night: no change to either.
Message 84 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

ThanksTuscani!  What a Great Letter!  any ideas on the post I just did ?  I think I put it under general cr repair...

Just Busted a Collection Agency for breaking rules but not sure which ones.... and now what?

Message 85 of 107
abadfish66
New Contributor

I used this letter, sent it out 2 weeks ago, have not seen an update, or heard from the companies. I have 3 from collect america within a 5 month period. Is there a follow up letter, or should I give it more time?
Message 86 of 107
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

This isn't as important as other aspects of my credit, but here goes. I've read this whole forum, thanks for the wealth of info!!!

My main question is, I opened a checking account through Bank of America and did it online. I wasn't aware there's a credit check. I hear it's soft and I heard it's hard, but it shows up on TU. 

I wasn't aware that opening strictly a checking account with no cc applications would give me an inquiry on my TU.

Should I write a letter? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks!!!

Message 87 of 107
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd say you are out of luck, IMO. Most banks pull your credit before issuing a checking or even a savings account. Penfed, BofA, and Wachovia all hit me with hard inquiries within the past 2 years due to opening new accounts.
Message 88 of 107
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Well, at least those will fade and it's not a huge hit, but still. I just find the principle disgusting, I understand to a degree why, but why a hard pull?!?! Does not make any sense!

Message 89 of 107
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I understand a need for a credit pull. It is easy nowdays to get hit with a CO checking acct. Maybe the hard pull is to see whether or not you have other banks COs in the past. Though, I gues banks could easily use Chexsystems to figure all that out, rather than pulling from one of the 3 CRAs.
Message 90 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.