Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit-Late Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Credit-Late Payment

Hello all,
I’ve been rebuilding my credit for the last year and half. I accidentally missed the payment for my paypal credit by 4 day. Payment was due the 10th and was notified of the late payment today and payed double the minimum. Will this late payment hurt my score? Will they report that quick?

Thank you for any replies
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit-Late Payment

Lates won't be reported to CRAs until it's 30 days past due date. That said, it will still trigger late fee and penalty APR and stay on your PayPal internal record. The lesson here is to turn on all your autopays for at least the minimum payment to avoid this situation in the future.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,
I’ve been rebuilding my credit for the last year and half. I accidentally missed the payment for my paypal credit by 4 day. Payment was due the 10th and was notified of the late payment today and payed double the minimum. Will this late payment hurt my score? Will they report that quick?

Thank you for any replies

PayPal Credit does not report to the 3B. As such, the late payment will not affect your scores at all. It would only matter if you defaulted to the point that the account goes to collections. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second the above, paypal credit doesn't report, so it won't bother your score. Its the line I use when I want to carry a balance with an online purchase, usually anything from the apple store.

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I second Oldman, it WILL affect ou internally with Paypal Credit and Sync. The effects, who knows but be sure there will be a record of it.Just because Paypal Credit doesnt report, i wouldnt want people thinking one can go late because its a hidden tradeline and have no repercussions.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.