Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions... Seeking answers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions... Seeking answers

I have a few questions

1. I have 3 medical bills on my credit report that I would like to get paid. Is it possible to have them removed from my credit reports permanently after I pay them off. Are the creditors usually willing to negotiate removal of collection for pymnt in full?

2. Why is my score dropping? I have added  3 new accts all in good standing (pay on time) shouldnt that bring my score up.

3. I had a pymnt to citi that was due on the 2nd but I didnt get it paid until the 18th but I have a 15 day grace period after the actual due date. Im wondering if that  past due pymnt will show on my reports?
Also, I wrote three post dated checks to citi (yes I know I shouldnt have and WONT do that again and yes I know now that it is illegal) needless to say they cashed all three before the dates the checks were actually wrote for. I only did this so that I wouldnt have a problem with being late again.
Lots of people have told me it is illegal for me to write a post dated check but I came across this web site for legal councel http://www.lawmo.org/law_fdc.htm that clearly states its illegal for a collection agency to cash a post dated check, so Im wondering if the same rule applies to  citi?

4.I disputed a collection on my credit report and afetr waiting I receive the letter w/a copy of my report that basically says it is going to stay because its accurate. The problem is that the dates are showing I had this acct and didnt pay it during the last year so it went to collections. The dates are wrong and that is the only thing I disputed and I wanted them to change it to the correct dates. How can I get them to change this to the correct dates and does it hurt my score to dispute items on my report?
I dont have any documentation to prove I had this bill in 2002. How should I go about getting something from the company to show the dates when I actually did have an acct with them?

Thank you
Stephanie
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions... Seeking answers

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.