Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quizzle: new plan and score changes

tag
brother7
Established Contributor

Quizzle: new plan and score changes

Quizzle has made changes to their credit plans. There are now three plans: Free, Pro and Pro+.

They also changed the score they provide from Experian CE to Equifax VantageScore.

With this change, it's now possible to monitor all three credit reports and scores using free services.

Quizzle - Equifax - EQ VantageScore (every 6 months)

Credit Karma - TransUnion - TU Transrisk (every 7 days)

Credit Sesame - Experian - EX National Equivalency (every month)

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quizzle: new plan and score changes

Sigh @ 6 months still.

Was a reason nobody really used it compared to CS; EQ will be better at least but it's still awkwardly long.  I don't think I've even logged into my Quizzle account in more than a year at this point.

ETA: in fairness I'm probably (along with most of this forum) in the vast minority of consumers that care about seeing updates on a more regular basis.  It may well be fine as a business model, simply I'm personally disappointed compared to other services currently offered.

ETA2: I remember being simply not enamored of the old interface, but at first blush the new one is pretty slick compared to many.   It's an upsell for 1 report a month and includes access to a monitoring tab which is marketed in the regular interface.  Couple dollars cheaper than Scorewatch incidently.

Not quite certain how they think I have $28,523 in available credit unless they're including the high balance on my Zync as a credit limit of some sort, also throws off their balance calculation as a result.  Wonder if that's just an idiosyncracy of VS or Quizzle has some things to improve upon.

Their timeline interface is sort of interesting for those who don't remember their credit moves (and blunders) in all their glory... visual representation of events.  No timelines of my true stupids though, just credit cards seemingly.

Oh hey, recommending I get a Discover IT card, go me!

Lot of popups asking for various bits of information on me.  Can initiate a dispute from the interface least for some things, but it doesn't count as an actual credit report from Equifax so you get to pull another.

Does have a nice DTI calculation; I suppose that's fait accompli as this is all done by Quicken who's still pushing mortgage loans.

Overall, quality update I think; I'm not going to pay for the upgrade but I can see where it might be attractive for some.

        
Message 2 of 8
brother7
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous @ 6 months still.

I subscribed to their old Basic plan during a promotion and pay $4.20/month. Smiley Tongue Quizzle moved me to their current Pro plan which allows one to update monthly. Since I got in at a low rate, I'll continue my subscription.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 3 of 8
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I got the current pro plan for the low price as well. When I logged on and got my EQ credit report I found it has a lot of different items than from ScoreWatch, some items I have never saw on my CR ever! But there is only a 1 point difference from SW to Quizzle.

Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@anca21bi wrote:

I got the current pro plan for the low price as well. When I logged on and got my EQ credit report I found it has a lot of different items than from ScoreWatch, some items I have never saw on my CR ever! But there is only a 1 point difference from SW to Quizzle.

Really?  The Quizzle data matches my EQ report found here; other than the contact information I think maybe left out of the report.  What did you see?

The scores being similar is an utter coincedence.  For reference mine is 60 points off... and VS score ranges aren't the typical FICO 300-850 either for that matter skewing it even further.

        
Message 5 of 8
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@anca21bi wrote:

Really?  The Quizzle data matches my EQ report found here; other than the contact information I think maybe left out of the report.  What did you see?

The scores being similar is an utter coincedence.  For reference mine is 60 points off... and VS score ranges aren't the typical FICO 300-850 either for that matter skewing it even further.

Actually, Quizzle is now using the newer VantageScore 3.0 version, which does use a scale range of 300 - 850

I MUCH prefer this over the previous VantageScore range of 501 - 990 and their "A through F" letter grading system!  How well does the new VantageScore 3.0 correlate with FICO scores remains to be seen.  My worse credit scores are with EQ.  Today's Quizzle EQ score was 761, as compared to my FICO EQ score from last September being 724!  Not sure if my EQ score truly increased that much (724 to 761), or the 37 point difference just highlights differences between the two scoring systems . . .

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 6 of 8
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

There was 3 collections from 2011, one is a paid collection that is reporting a balance, which I disputed and was deleted, now showing up again and the other two only have balances for $20.
Message 7 of 8
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Just checked quizzle...it updated all my info from EX to EQ.   The CR is accurate to my EQ report....but the score is 43 pts lower than my FICO here.  I don't acknowledge Vantage Scores...they're stupid.   I like that Quizzle gives you an actual CR, unlike the other CMS...so thumbs up for that.   The scores, tho, are as useful as dog crap in a cat's liter box.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.