Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVING A FRAUD ALERT

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

REMOVING A FRAUD ALERT

THREE YEARS AGO I PUT A FRAUD ALERT ON MY CREDIT REPORT.   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO I REMOVE THEM.  I WAS TOLD THAT WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDIT, CREDITORS WILL AUTOMATICALLY DENY YOU BECAUSE OF THAT.  CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME SOME INFORMATION!  YOUR HELP IN THIS MANNER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: REMOVING A FRAUD ALERT

Go to each CRAs website to see what the requirements are.

You will need to do it in writing and each CRA may require different copies of something to verify identity.

Message 2 of 4
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Cool Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The inital fraud alert remains on your report for 90 days. The extended fraud alert remains on you credit report for 7 years.  I cannot remember wthen initial fraud alert becomes an extended fraud alert,. I think it is when the police report has been filed some correct this if I am wrong.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.