Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIEGAL

tag
newmom24
Regular Contributor

SPIEGAL

Has anyone heard of The Law offices of Mitchell and Kay. I have a collection of 642.00 from Spiegal from them. They sent a settlement letter of 257.01. This account has not been updated on my account since 12/05. It's as if it dropped off their records. Should I pay the 257.01 or wait for it to fall off. At this point I don't think it will increase my score if I pay it because there is no payment history for the past 1 1/2 yrs +. Any advice?

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SPIEGAL

newmom24 wrote:
Has anyone heard of The Law offices of Mitchell and Kay. I have a collection of 642.00 from Spiegal from them. They sent a settlement letter of 257.01. This account has not been updated on my account since 12/05. It's as if it dropped off their records. Should I pay the 257.01 or wait for it to fall off. At this point I don't think it will increase my score if I pay it because there is no payment history for the past 1 1/2 yrs +. Any advice?

what is your SOL??    what is your DOFD or drop off date on your CR?
Message 2 of 5
newmom24
Regular Contributor

date of last delinquency 3/03

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can talk them into a pay for delete you may want to, maybe even if you can't.  Its a good settle but someone else with more knowledge should be along soon
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

newmom24 wrote:

what state are you in. If they want to settle for so much less you might be close or past SOL.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.