cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Question

tag

Score Question

If mistakes are made by creditors that bring your score down, once they are corrected should your score be adjusted accordingly? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Question

We might need to move this question to another forum - but the moderators will take care of that.

In regards to your question - yes, when a baddie is removed from your report, your score can/should increase.  However, there are many many variables to the question and each of the CRAs use a different calculation.  If a 30 day late hits you for 50-75 points, having it taken off 'should' bring your score back up that much.  However, it may vary due to other items such as account age, utility %, bucket changes...  in other words you might not see a point/counterpoint change.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 2 of 3
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Question

Also beware of the buckets!  If you don't know what that is search the forums.  I helped my friend get a judgment removed from his credit report and his credit score fell!  He was moved to a different bucket where he was evaluated against people w/o judgments. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.