cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured credit cards with no Hard Pulls.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured credit cards with no Hard Pulls.

I'm looking for 2-3 secured cards that don't hard pull your credit. If possible the lower the money down the better. If you guys have any experience with these cards would really appreciate it. Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Re: Secured credit cards with no Hard Pulls.

I believe the State Department FCU does not do an HP for a secured card. You might search SDFCU here on myfico.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any experience with them but Open Sky offers a secured Visa with no credit check. Does not report as secured and reports to all 3 bureaus. Minimum required is $200:

https://www.openskycc.com/

Message 3 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

Sdfcu and opensky sound pretty amazing. Noted. And thanks for sharing Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Who cares about inquiries for secured cards? Cat Tongue

Other than an open judgement it's difficult to get denied.

        
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would worry more about finding cards that have the ability to graduate personally. By the time you have enough history on the secured cards to do you some good, the inquiries are not hurting your score much if at all anyway.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 15 inquiries.  So yes I'm worried about any hard pulls to my credit score.

Message 7 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I agree about OpenSky and SDFCU being great and no credit check.  Here in Seattle we have branches of Alaska USA Fed CU and they issue secured cards for any amount you want (without limit) with no credit check and they report to all three bureaus.

I would seriously do OpenSky, SDFCU and then call every credit union in your area, starting with the largest ones.  Lots of CU's will give membership with a clear Chex and use the credit report for ID only (no hard), and then will issue a secured card with no credit check.  You just have to make some phone calls.  

Don't do what I did for a year and assume that they all operate the same way.  This is not true at all.  They each do their own thing and you are likely to find one that will work.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.