cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Disappearing Hard Inquiries after 6 months???

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Strange Disappearing Hard Inquiries after 6 months???

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately with TransUnion they go away and then come right back after a week or so I thought I was under 20 inquries until three of mine from last year popped back on.

When they come back, they are dated properly, correct?

yes

edit: but i have never had them come back a week later. I have had 1 instance of this and it was 5 or 6 months later.

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just checked all three reports and SYNC/Walmart is gone and Barklays is gone from all three. So its not just a TU problem as some suggest. I think this is legit? There is no way I am this lucky.

Synch and Barclays generally only pull TU, so they would not have been in the other two to begin with.

Message 22 of 35
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

with TU i have the same thing going on since august. Since i am a rebuilder, i have several sites i am signed up to monitor my credit. It was around september i noticed the inq were disappearing from latest towards the newest. Right now i do have 3 inq on my TU where it should be around 25. I believe i have a split file as recently couple of my accounts disappeared from my file, one is Barclay's and the other i can not remember. Also my Macy's account just started to report after 4 months, and it is on ex and eq but not TU. Since i will apply for mortgage in the next 6 months, i keep pulling TU just to keep them away for the moment. But to sum it all, the theory of pushing hp out with the sp still seems to be true for TU at least.

Just one important point.

Those inq's only disappear from the file you see online. But if you ever order a hard copy, or a creditor does for whatever reason, they are all there. The easiest way to see this is log in to TU if you have the monitoring service and click on file a dispute. When you re login to file a dispute, scroll down to your inq's and you will see all of them there along with all the SP's and AR pulls. So, yes, if TU decided to clean some old information off of your file, or delete your SP's, then they will come back.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 23 of 35
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just checked all three reports and SYNC/Walmart is gone and Barklays is gone from all three. So its not just a TU problem as some suggest. I think this is legit? There is no way I am this lucky.

Synch and Barclays generally only pull TU, so they would not have been in the other two to begin with.

+1   The only time Barclay pulled EX was when I initiated a CLI request and was denied.

Message 24 of 35
elim
Senior Contributor

This thread is becoming more and more against TOS.  GL all    :]

Message 25 of 35
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1   The only time Barclay pulled EX was when I initiated a CLI request and was denied.

+1 I just did it a few days ago not knowing they would pull EX and ofcourse i was denied too based on the inq's.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussions of certain topics including the intentional removal of inquiries by SPing and using the dispute process to obtain your report without actually having a dispute are not allowed on MyFico.  

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not intentional, and is clearly accidental. I never knew of this issue. That is the reason for the topic. 

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is not intentional, and is clearly accidental. I never knew of this issue. That is the reason for the topic. 

My post wasn't about your thread or anything you posted.

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh sorry apologies.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.