Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Monitoring

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

USAA Credit Monitoring

Hello All,

I'm thinking about signing up for USAA's Credit Check Monitoring Premium. Has anyone used this service and what was/is your experience.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Credit Monitoring

I've had this service for about 5 months. 

My experience with it has been very good.  I like the fact that you can get all 3 bureau reports each day.

The other thing I noticed is that their FAKO score is remarkably close to the real thing.

I just pulled my Equifax yesterday on My Fico and it was 768. The USAA FAKO says 770.

They were also within 2 points of my Transunion score.

The price is right too.  $12.95 a month is a good deal.

I say go for it.

Message 2 of 15
apandabear
Regular Contributor

I have been monitoring my credit report with USAA CCMP since the beginning of 2012. I used it a couple years ago too.

I like it. For the price, it's great. I "refresh" every single day, which means that I get to see all 3 credit reports each day. For $12.25/month, it's hard to beat.

The FAKO scores you can ignore completely. They are PLUS scores. The advice they give you is generally pretty useless too. But if you're trying to rebuild or watch your credit, it's a wonderful service to have. 

In addition to being able to pull everyday, they will alert you on changes via email or text. If you pull everyday, you might see less alerts, because you're seeing them pretty quickly. 

I really recommend the service. It's pretty useful.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@apandabear wrote:

I have been monitoring my credit report with USAA CCMP since the beginning of 2012. I used it a couple years ago too.

I like it. For the price, it's great. I "refresh" every single day, which means that I get to see all 3 credit reports each day. For $12.25/month, it's hard to beat.

The FAKO scores you can ignore completely. They are PLUS scores. The advice they give you is generally pretty useless too. But if you're trying to rebuild or watch your credit, it's a wonderful service to have. 

In addition to being able to pull everyday, they will alert you on changes via email or text. If you pull everyday, you might see less alerts, because you're seeing them pretty quickly. 

I really recommend the service. It's pretty useful.

+1

Message 4 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

My recommendation would be to subscribe to a few services:

1 & 2 - would be SW and TU Quarterly monitoring found within this link http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

3 - would be USAA CMS found here https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main so that when you get SW alerts, you can then log-in to USAA CMS and pull all 3 reports for free to find out what exactly changed.

I have all 3 and couldn't be happier with either of them!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 15
tbolt2
Contributor

In my experience, they are close only if you have  clean CR - I have a few negatives, my wife has none. The Experian Plus Score available through the USAA/Experian CMS for her has been close enough to the real scores for her, that we don't even monitor "real" scores for her any more, just use USAA to monitor changes in accounts on her report.

My report is a different story....The Experian Plus Score seems to penalize more for the negatives.  For me, the Equifax score through MyFICO is 18 points higher than Plus. TU score through WalMart is 87 points higher than Plus.  EQ has the cleanest report. TU and EX each have negative items.

I have been very pleased with their service over the last year or so we've been using it. Just to give you an idea of how good the customer service is: they were having problems with the "Printable Report" generating software on the website - it was not generating PDF files as it normally did. I called and the CSR gave me 2 months monitoring for free.......I wasn't even complaining - just letting them know that they were having intermittent issues again because my report would not generate, but my wife's did....

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just purchased USAA Credit Monitoring and I love it! I receive my TU score from Walmart!

Message 7 of 15
ntx
Regular Contributor

I just subscribed yesterday to the USAA CMS.

For me, the PLUS scores are much higher than the others  ( BK in 2005, clean report since, incl. new car loan Oct. 2011 and $3K USAA Visa Feb. 2012 ).

8/11 USAA EQ: 733  USAA TU: 724  USAA EX: 747  

8/7 MyFICO EQ: 684  MyFICO TU:  688

8/7 Discover EQ (in approval notice):  657

FICO 8 as of March 27, 2024:
Message 8 of 15
doc101
Regular Contributor

I recently signed up for their services as well and I only wish I had signed up alot sooner. I am very pleased with what USAA has to offer.......go for it!

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 9 of 15
namvet
Established Contributor

Been using this services for years.  IMO USAA is the best value.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.