Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh... Cap1 CLI Using OLD SP ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uh... Cap1 CLI Using OLD SP ???

So I tried doing my SP CLI last night for my Cap1 cards given my success with Penfed the other day, and since i'm in the garden its kind of a zoom for me to get SP CLIs.... Never had any issues with Cap1 with CLIs.  My one card which is 3 months old was denied, and I tried my oldest card which is due for 6 month CLI in bout a week but I tried early - denied. The weird thing is the reason cited for the newer card went from "Your account is too new" to "Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score is too low for an increase"  !!?!?!?!?!  THEN it proceeds to show me a bogusly low FICO score from EQ (609) from get this -- 3/29 !!!!  My EQ 08 is 693 and 04 is showing 661 - i know C1 always uses FICO 04 ugh but stil way off.. WTH is wrong with Cap1 and their systems/algorithms/customer servicd staff who know absolutely NOTHING about the inner workings of their processes ??  

I checked my EQ report and they last softed me 4/26 -- why arent they using that pull ??  Makes zero sense, and not sure who to talk to, or just wait another week to see if the new SP kicks in ... Cap1 is both my favorite lender and a true gump sometimes all in one LOL!!!  

Anyone with similar ?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uh... Cap1 CLI Using OLD SP ???

Welcome to the club. Had this issue last July. Got denied for credit score too low and they showed I had a 650 or something like that, but the score was from May or something and I had a 705 at the time for EQ. Tried agan like 3 or 4 weeks later and got the same lame response. This time it was from June. Score was still in the 650s. I emailed the EO and had lenghty conversations with them and got nowhere. Or so I thought. Tried again a week later and magically got approved for a CLI of like $3500. Cap 1 tries their hardest to prevent CLI's IMO.

Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Don't know why the lender's info used for CLI are off of older soft pulls. Still have not figured that out. Not saying they all do this, but it is certainly common.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 6
skimmie48
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I tried doing my SP CLI last night for my Cap1 cards given my success with Penfed the other day, and since i'm in the garden its kind of a zoom for me to get SP CLIs.... Never had any issues with Cap1 with CLIs.  My one card which is 3 months old was denied, and I tried my oldest card which is due for 6 month CLI in bout a week but I tried early - denied. The weird thing is the reason cited for the newer card went from "Your account is too new" to "Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score is too low for an increase"  !!?!?!?!?!  THEN it proceeds to show me a bogusly low FICO score from EQ (609) from get this -- 3/29 !!!!  My EQ 08 is 693 and 04 is showing 661 - i know C1 always uses FICO 04 ugh but stil way off.. WTH is wrong with Cap1 and their systems/algorithms/customer servicd staff who know absolutely NOTHING about the inner workings of their processes ??  

I checked my EQ report and they last softed me 4/26 -- why arent they using that pull ??  Makes zero sense, and not sure who to talk to, or just wait another week to see if the new SP kicks in ... Cap1 is both my favorite lender and a true gump sometimes all in one LOL!!!  

Anyone with similar ?

Yep, same date of the SP too. They said my score was 659. It's about 50 points higher actually  I figure it's Cap 1 and it is what it is. 

Message 5 of 6
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Same thing happened with me. I wonder will it be updated.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.