cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclaimed money-pay for database access?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unclaimed money-pay for database access?????

So I got a letter from a finders company saying that I have money that belonged to my deceased father.  I have tried to search it out on my own but am unsure whether to pay the fee on one of the unclaimed money sites.   Is it worth paying a fee to try and search it myself or do I give in and pay the finder company the  30 percent fee that they want?!?! 

We believe that the funds are from stocks but we don't know with what company or how to locate the company.

Has anyone paid for access to an onine database?  if so is one better than another?!?!  or worse!

Any help you can offer would be great.
Thanks
Lynn
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unclaimed money-pay for database access?????

You should check with the secretary of state in any of the states where you or your father resided first.  I think those notices are a scam.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As pxwilson said.....go to the state where your father lived!!!!!  it is free .... you can check every state through their own web site.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was called about a notice similar to this one time. They said that I was left money by my grandfather and needed to get my information to verify, etc. This was more of an identity theft scam I believe - only one thing that jumped out at me - my grandfather didn't die...

I would do as the others said - go to the state and get the information. Even if it is legit where you are entitled to the money and there is no scam involved, 30%!!! Outrageous.

Message Edited by RSidetrack on 02-29-2008 11:17 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.