cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What One Event Alone Causes the Larget FICO Score Drop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What One Event Alone Causes the Larget FICO Score Drop?

Tuscani wrote:

masdeocho wrote:

Tuscani wrote:
As always.. the impact will depend on your overall file.. for me, a single 30 day late probably wouldn't hurt much as I have a thick file and enough postitive TLs to offset the late payment. Obviously, if you have a thin file with only a couple of TLs a late will hurt you much more.

Au contraire, according to the score simulator.  I've got a healthy-sized file, and a single 30-day late would torpedo my score.

What you like to prove the simulator's accuracy? Didn't think so. Smiley Happy Anyone here will tell you to take what the simulator says with a grain of salt.

OK, so the 100 point plummet would be only 80 points.  Now I can sleep at night. Smiley Happy

I wonder what a first degree murder conviction would do for your score?  Is that a public record?  You could probably rob a freakin' bank and have a better credit score than if you missed a payment or two on your CapOne card.
Message 11 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Although I would not recommend trying it, death would probably reduce one's score to zero    Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another quick way to watch the bottom fall out is divorce ~ if you've only been an AU on your spouse's credit for 30 years. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Although I would not recommend trying it, death would probably reduce one's score to zero Smiley Very Happy

I've heard lots of dead people go on spending sprees the day after they die. Tennis shoes, cruise tickets, sporting goods and cash advances. Their credit seem to be fine.
Message 14 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
Although I would not recommend trying it, death would probably reduce one's score to zero    Smiley Very Happy

Well.. 300 anyway. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Tuscani on 05-29-2007 11:44 AM
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was late on my car loan two years ago more than 10 months in a row, mostly 30 and 2 60 days.

Virtualy, if started form 850, I expected my score to be 300, but it was in high 500's low 600's.

How do you explain that?
Message 16 of 18
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

This one grieves me, Felicity.  Been there and done that, and not ever again.  My daughter calls me "preachy" when I tell her to always have a means of her own; but it's important, you know, so that you won't be years and years simply trying to become existent.  I finally have, be it for the better credit scores or the worst, and I trust you have too? Smiley Very Happy 
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I daresay there are guys, and gals, who walk outta prison after engaging in all manner of financial crimes, and are promptly issued considerable lines of credit.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.