Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TU keep unposting...

tag
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Why does TU keep unposting...

This is the second time now.
I pull almost daily with TC, and on 2/1 I paid off a DOE defaulted loan.
On 2/18 TU updated it as paid.
On 2/20 TU UNupdated it back to an open collection for 522.
On 3/10 I disputed it.
On 3/14 it updated again as paid.
Rise and shine wake up to pull my TC before getting my son up and BANG it's UNupdated again.

I figured I'd call, because this should be easily resolved right? Since they updated it from the dispute before?

WRONG.

I'm sorry ma'am I can redispute if you really want me to (rep uses her way put out voice) but it won't do any good, it'll probably happen again.  Couldn't explain why it's happening either.

I'm furious right now, and hung up on the rep which probably wasn't smart.  Oh well.  This is why I don't call people I'm too impatient with cruddy customer service.

EQ still hasn't updated it even from the dispute, or ever, but they hate me.
And EX updated it in early Feb and has been happily chugging along since then.

Message Edited by modernsurrender on 03-19-2008 08:37 AM
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why does TU keep unposting...

Modernsurrender, i am replying because I was in the exact situation a few months ago. It seems as it TU was the last one to report for me also. It took almost 6 months for me to have it cleared up. I disputed online twice and twice via phone. I also had to call Direct Loans(William D. Ford, I think mine was for DOE) customer service to let them know that the credit companies were reporting incorrectly. I was told by DOE that it could take up to 3 months before I would see any changes, and it was longer than that. Don't give up and call the DOE to have them correct the problem on their end also. Good luck.
Message 2 of 4
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I think I'd be less annoyed if they just hadn't updated at all yet like EQ, but instead they keep posting it as paid, then going back to posting it as unpaid.  And everytime it goes back to unpaid chargeoff status, the last action date goes back to January 08... so it's not like the DOE is re-reporting it as open or unpaid, it's just TU being a bunch of idiots.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be grateful that it only goes back to Jan 08. Mine went back to May 07 and they tried to say I was 120 days late on a loan in forebearrance, go figure. The best was (sarcastically spoken of course)when they divided the loans into 4 for all 4 semesters disburstments ( not 1 like I really only took out) so it showed 4 loans at 120 days each, not just one. My Fico went from a 702 to a 493 overnight and its been work ever since. Even though I wasn't late at all. I still had to fight for everything and I made sure I also got everything in writing to back it up. In any case I just finally got it all cleared up last month and my scores are going up again.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.