cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there such a big difference between the three scor...

tag
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Why is there such a big difference between the three scor...

Why is there such a big difference between the three scores? Actually, TU and EQ are are pretty close (9 point diff.), while EX is 60 points difference.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Why is there such a big difference between the three scor...

Mine vary by ober 100 points.

Different things on the reports, some TLs not reporting to some CRAs, inqs rarely use all 3 (except Mortgage and Auto), and EX refuses to really veryify any disputes.  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 07-26-2007 01:14 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Mine are the exact opposite. My TU and EX scores are within 10 points while my EQ score is 70-80 points less.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I should consider myself lucky my scores only have a spread of 27 points.

TransUnionDate: 7/18/2007
EquifaxDate: 7/18/2007
ExperianDate: 7/18/2007
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to know the same thing about these scores. What does one credit company see that the other one doesn't. I think a scoring system is unfair, because everything that we pay is not reported to the credit companies. I paid 15 years of house payments, never missing one, but that wasn't reported because it was thru a title company. I'm in the process of checking these three companies. So far I have found my name spelled wrong about 10 times and they have the wrong Social Security number. There is even one company that is being investigated, yet they still have the power to tell people, no you can't buy that! Like I said, the scoring system is not fair. My scores average about 30 to 50 points different from company to company. Great, wonderful system, NOT!
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also remember that there is a different scoring formula for each CRA. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they each use a different source, the ladder keeps getting higher and higher! If they have to go with this scoring system, they should be required to go to one source. That would save money and time. I believe that would also clear up alot of inadequacies in the system.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

lutootbuc wrote:
I know they each use a different source, the ladder keeps getting higher and higher! If they have to go with this scoring system, they should be required to go to one source. That would save money and time. I believe that would also clear up alot of inadequacies in the system.

This has been my beef for some time. THere is no reason to have 3 credit bureaus. Especially, since they all have different information,which they make us pay for. I know its called FAKO, but I feel if people are paying for a service, there should be no FAKOs, only correct information.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't want to beat this subject to death, but maybe we should. Perhaps no one has ever challenged "the system." Enough disputes and questions, maybe they will keep their records up to date. Peggy Fair, all I can say is AMEN! Thanks for your reply. Maybe we can get the folks at these 3 wonderful agencies, to glance at these comments!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.