Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yipppeee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yipppeee

Thanks ya'll for all the suggestions. My EQ fico has jumped from 720 to 758 in 4 months after I paid down my CC balances and increasing my CLs. Now I'm really in overdrive mode for my car purchase. How optimistic can I get about getting close to those 0% financing deals on new cars? I'm no more looking for a bimmer, more of a civic or a mazda3
Here are my scores.

EQ - 758
EX - 726 (One extra inq. made by a sly auto dealer 3 months back Smiley Sad )
TU - 752 

The one stumbling block is my insufficient credit history (only 2.5 years).

TIA
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Yipppeee

have you got any closed auto loans?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Paid cash for my last ride.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im a sales mgr by trade,with those scores you will be a rack approval for what ever is the lowest incentivised rate being offered by that maker,as long as you have been on the bureau for over two years and have 4 open lines of credit
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am now buying a used car. Just got off the line with the credit union rep. She says the lowest she can go is 5.5% with 10-15% down. She wants me to send her a purchase order from the dealer before the pre-approval. Does this mean I'm eligible for 5.5%?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job!  Congratulations!
Message 6 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Nice.  Play up and play the game  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent news!!!
I'm jealous Smiley Indifferent

Kidding!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I finally found my car, a used acura tsx. My CUmade sure it was a good deal and approved a 5.5% loan Smiley Happy.

Meanwhile the dealer tried to sandbag me by slipping a credit application in between the slew of docs they made me sign. Good thing I hang out here so often. When I confront him about it, he says "Its just to verify that you are you and not somebody else". I told him I'm not picking up the car until the bank pays them. He makes a few more excuses by which time I get pretty loud. He budges and I scrap my sign off.

Thanks ya'll for saving me another inq. Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.