New Contributor
serenity72

? about secured CCS again please

For the credit limit if I deposit a higher amount. Does it show that on my CR and if you have a higher CL does it mean anything point wise or for any lenders looking at it? Would I be better putting on $2000 say compared to $300 on either an orchard bank or bank of america? TY
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

Re: ? about secured CCS again please

Assuming it reports on your CR, yes, higher limits are better for your FICO score.

Of course, if you take a broader view of your financial situation, one must ask the question of whether there are better things you could do with $2000 than put it up for collateral for a larger secured card. If not, then two $1000 secured cards would probably help your credit score over time more than one $2000 card.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+