Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close cards??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

close cards??????

Should i close cards.  Have two with HSBC (1500) ORCHARD (1300)They gave them to  me auto.  Two with WAMU (6250)  2 with CAP1 (4100) One is my oldest and has a fee)  and Merrick (3000) They have given me many increases but very high interest however I always pif. Want to close orchard because of fee. Will this affect my scores 712-686-744? Thanks. I have bk eight years old evidently still affecting my scores.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: close cards??????

You have very good scores. I would suggest calling the cards with the fees and high interest rates and asking them to remove the fee and reduce the interest rate because people with scores over 700 shouldn't be paying a fee anyway IMO. If they refuse, get some better cards and get rid of the ones with the fees and sock drawer the high interest rates. You have alot of subprime cards and with your scores, you could probably get better....

Message Edited by cadavis0609 on 09-14-2007 12:35 PM
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for info.  called hsbc and they refused to do anything worthwhile.  so cancelled one of them. no one at transunion speaks english.  what gives?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You called on saturday! M-F You'd get someone in states.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i called on fri. they were in PA. I am bi-lingual and i had to call twice before i could understand the rep. It is getting difficult.

I don't understand the states thing on sat. Please help
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the states thing is....english....otherwise you might get someone in india or elsewhere. They usually don't know or can not help you.

The main office is here & others can not change anything....must go through main office here.
Message 6 of 10
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT close out your oldest credit card, even if you have to pay a yearly fee!  By doing so you will shorten your credit history, thereby lowering your FICO score (how long you have had a credit history counts for roughly about 30% of your credit score).
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i closed out cross country quite awhile ago.  they charge annual fee plus 100.00 for 250 increase and then when you go over 1000 limit they charge you an extra 72.00 yearly.  i was with them 5 years and cost me more. they did give me free increase because of class action.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't understand why we would even be talking to india for our credit  reporting.  Please explain.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OUTSOURCING
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.