cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another day and more panic!!! ATTN: Shane or Dallas!!!

tag
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another day and more panic!!!

@Booner72 wrote:

@MissMia75 wrote:

I'm not too sure FHA will Insure a second FHA loan as it is a requirement that the home is owner occupied at all times.  I will wait to see what the vets chime in to say.  My only concern is when they pull the CAIVRS report and see that there will be a 2nd FHA request for a loan.

Now that you mention this Mia, I remember another post about this very thing.  I think OP is PROBABLY going to have to get a conventional loan.  Isn't there some kind of 3 year rule or something, though?

If the home was purchased for Investment purposes then that is a different story and could be validated on the Neighborhood Watch report and Origination closing docs.  However, if the home was purchased and the intent was to occupy the home then that stands for the life of the Loan.

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 11 of 18
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

DH is not on the house I own at all.....as far as the UW is concerned we could be separated. DH qualified for this house on his own credit and DTI. I'm panicking now!!! LO said I have nothing to worry about???
Message 12 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

No. The owner occupancy rule for FHA does not stand for the life of the loan. It might be different for different types of programs (like Good Neighbor Next Door Program requires 3 yrs, but that is not what we are discussing here).

The buyer/borrower is required to occupy the home within 60 days of closing as their primary residence.

They are not required to live there the life of the loan. The minimum requirement on a standard FHA loan is that they have to live there at least 12 months as a primary residence.

However, I don't know if the underwriter will require a larger down payment or other compensating factor for the new purchase because the OP is married and the spouse already has an FHA loan that they use as their primary. Is the new property further away than 50 miles from the current property? That might help. If not, they may have to go conventional.

Check HUD.gov website too

Message 13 of 18
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

We have lived in my home almost 2 years and no it's only about 5 miles away. I wonder if this varies by mortgage companies because my LO says as long as DH is not on the Hud1 or warranty deed it's no big deal Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm kinda confused.

If you're underwriter is saying that there shouldn't be a problem as long as certain conditions are met... and those conditions are being met...

Why are you worried?

Message 15 of 18
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

Because now people on this board are making me nervous!! LOL!!! This is my daily therapy session! Smiley Happy I don't know if my LO is true in his statements. I don't want any surprises at closing!
Message 16 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm kinda confused.

If you're underwriter is saying that there shouldn't be a problem as long as certain conditions are met... and those conditions are being met...

Why are you worried?

She said loan officer...not underwriter.

The underwriter has the final word.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.