cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone encountered this? Reserves and two households.....

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone encountered this? Reserves and two households.....

A "second home" is a secondary residence which you do not primarily live in, so will you be living in this new home a majority of the time?  If so, then it will be your primary residence.

Unless your sister refinances before your new purchase is completed, that won't be factored in if you are doing Fannie or Freddie financing on the new purchase.

Yes, gift funds can be used as reserves, see https://www.fanniemae.com/content/guide/selling/b3/4.3/04.html (although lenders may have overlay guidelines that prevent then being used as reserves, which I've seen before).

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 11 of 13
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info Shane!!  The whole reserve thing has been giving me heartburn lol Smiley Happy   It's been 14 years since I've stepped into a new home....  refinanced this year, but it was FHA, so it's all new ... and kinda confusing!!  Appreciate the guidance Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 12 of 13
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You are welcome, anytime.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.