Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED!!

tag
jandj80
Regular Contributor

CLOSED!!

Well, back in July I officially began creeping on this forum, and joined here in Sept with dismal credit scores (400s). Now, a mere 6 months later, we are living in our new house. We closed Monday morning. We ended up getting 3.75% interest, 240K loan, and our midscore was 630. I want to thank everyone here for their help in this process, and I want all the newcomers and those who are hoping to buy a home to know that it can be done. It takes a lot of work, and patience, but you can do it. Never give up! Thanks all! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cclee
Regular Contributor

Re: CLOSED!!

Wow, that is awesome!  Enjoy your home, you deserved it!

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 2 of 15
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 15
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!! Enjoy your new home!!! Smiley Very Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 15
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Wow that's fantastic! Congrats! How did you improve your scores so quickly?

Message 5 of 15
jandj80
Regular Contributor

I called the creditors relentlessly, and got GW deletions on a couple old lates. 

I wrote a lot of GW letters, and got some deletions. Not a single PFD worked for me.

I filed disputes on all inaccuracies, even ones with stupid things like wrong dates, etc. I filed and refiled several times. 

I also used the CFPB for a couple duplicate accounts that the disputes didn't resolve. 

I paid our credit card usage down from 100% to 30%. And I made sure everything was paid on time.

I used Credit Karma, MyFico, Credit Sesame, and Walmart FICO to track everything pretty much daily. I learned when accounts were updated, etc. and watched it all like a hawk. 

The major jumps happened early on, and the rest was slow and steady. Good luck! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats excellent job...

Keep up the good work even now....

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 15
daninicole
Valued Member

CONGRATS!!! I have a couple of questions. I see your scores were low e when you first started. What other debt do you have like student loans or auto loans? Your story is so inspiring . We feel like we may have to wait a year or later but it sems as if we start working right away we can make moves much sooner. I am worried most about our debt to income with student loans end auto loans. We have a couple of lates on bill me later and cc, one charge off and a small tax lien. we also have high cc utilization but that can be paid down much quicker than student loans and auto loans. Thanks in advance and again CONGRATS!!

Message 8 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats

you earned it!!

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOORAY!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.