Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it look bad to go on vacation...

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Does it look bad to go on vacation...

Does it look bad to go on vacation in the middle of buying a house? I am assuming it should be ok as long as the finances aren't affected? Would it be better to just pay with cash or put it on a credit card and then pay that off? Don't want them to think "Really? A vacation now? That's not very responsible". Its been booked for a long time though, before we even started the buying process and didn't want to cancel it. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Rb0337
Established Member

Re: Does it look bad to go on vacation...

I don't think it will affect anything as long like you said the money isn't effected. Just run it past your LO.

Message 2 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

We just got back from a trip to O'ahu that had been booked since October.  We advised our realtor, LO, and the seller about it when we started our paperwork and now the realtor and seller are asking to see photos of all the fun we had.  They should not care as long as your finances aren't trashed from the trip!

I put everything on my cards but worked it out to use cards where statements had just cut, so the balances would not report.

Message 3 of 8
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

As long as it does not cut into your down payment, I would not worry about it much. If it were me I would worry about it but I worry about everything and I still closed.

Message 4 of 8
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I am the same way, I worry about every little thing...obviously. 

I think Im going going to use cash for most of the trip, and where I need a card, Ill use a credit card and pay it off before the statement closes. The hotel is already paid for so the only expenses will be food and such.

Message 5 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's fine.  Your buying a house, they aren't holding you hostage.  As long as you have sufficient finances and aren't running your reserves low or running your cards up it's completely fine.

Message 6 of 8
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Go have fun.

And bring me back something special!
Message 7 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

just make sure you provide the required loan docs and a signed application BEFORE you go.

yes, this really happened on one of my loan files.

Smiley Mad

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.