cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4506T required but not self employed HELP!!!!!

tag
my_2_girls
Valued Member

Form 4506T required but not self employed HELP!!!!!

My husband an I have been approved for a mortgage to build a home.  We are not self employed... been W2 for 13 years.  My issue is this ... I know the bank has to review 2 years of taxforms on all applicants (per our lender)  and requests the 4506T.  Our AGI (adj gross income) on our return qualifies us for the loan, and matches our W2s ... our taxable income is about $25,000 less due to charitable deductions, depreciation on vehicle and computer that my employer did not reimburse, mortgage interest deduction, child credit, etc etc etc  All the deductions that if people are allowed to take them then most do.  Will this hurt my income verification if my itemized deductions drop my taxable income below qualifying amount or are they just checking that my W2s match what is on my tax forms as Gross income and that I have actually filed my taxes?  I would hate to lose a loan and be penalized over taking deductions that people are allowed!

Starting Score: 547 May 2013 to 698 December 2015
Current Score: 645 July 2017
Goal Score: 750... just for starters

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fdiggy
New Contributor

Re: Form 4506T required but not self employed HELP!!!!!

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 4
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

As long as the forms match, you should have no problem. That is the only reason they request the IRS transcript, to make sure what YOU gave them and what the IRS has is the same identical info.

Message 3 of 4
my_2_girls
Valued Member

What about the unreimbursed employee expenses I claimed.  I am no longer with the employer that I had those expenses with (for over a year now) but they asked for 2010 / 2011 transcripts so would those expenses really be irrelevant to the underwriter since I am no longer subject to those expenses? 

Starting Score: 547 May 2013 to 698 December 2015
Current Score: 645 July 2017
Goal Score: 750... just for starters

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.