Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Warranty Co. California

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Home Warranty Co. California

Looking for reccomendations for home warranty companies that service California. Thanks!

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Home Warranty Co. California

We have Hisco Home Warranty.  A new homebuyer's plan was given to us by our realtor, and we have chosen to renew it for the past couple years.  I think this company gets very mixed reviews, but we have been very happy with their service, with the exception of the plumber that they sent out.

The new homebuyer policy is quite comprehensive, but for renewals after the first year, there are a lot more restrictions on what they will cover.  I know that some people will say that home warranties are not a good deal, and I would agree with that in most cases.  But since a furnace or AC replacement at this point would be quite a kick in the pocketbook, we've decide to renew.  With all the minor calls that we've made over the years, it's still paying for itself. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend talking to local service companies (A/C, plumbing, electrical, appliance) that appear to be of good quality - they can probably tell you which warranty companies are reputable, and which to avoid ...
Message 3 of 4
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Thank you!Smiley Wink
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.