Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home warranty 2ND year question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home warranty 2ND year question

We closed a year ago and it included a 1 year home warranty paid by the seller.  Although we didn't anticipate needing it, we had to use for a couple big claims.  We have the option to renew it for one more year.  I think the cost is around $700.

We are trying to decide if we want to renew it.  We have a mess on our hands right now because last week the dishwasher flooded our kitchen.  We have to replace floors and cabinets.  The adjuster was chatting with us and brought up the warranty.  He strongly suggested renewing it for another year.  We have a very nice house but seem to have flukey things happen lol

Thoughts or comments?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Home warranty 2ND year question

renew it for another year

Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

didnt renew mine. a couple of things that happened to us werent covered.

but i am handy and can fix some things. so my experience might not match yours

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Only you can decide. I don't have a home warranty ... but I can afford to replace any appliance that breaks.

Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I agree with EZ and Dallas...

I am not a fan of most of the warranties because of the exclusions. But the decision is yours. Read their contract to see exactly what is covered and what isn't. You seem to have had a good experience which is unusual and something to keep in mind when you are reviewing the warranty contract. 

Message 5 of 6
Mrsg714
Contributor

I have a ways to go before I've had my warranty a year, but I don't think I'm going to renew. The main thing is that I want to have a say in who I can call for a repair. I had to use my warranty in June and after scheduling an appointment with the company contracted with my warranty co, I started reading a lot of bad reviews about the company. Thankfully my experience was ok (could have been better), but I'm usually someone that likes to do my research and it would have been nice to use the people some friends rcommended.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.