Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In escrow-now this mess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In escrow-now this mess

In escrow: inspection passed and appraisal came through, figured I was home free.  A "new" tax lien showed up on equifax this morning.  I use the term "new" loosely.  This lien was a mistake.  Last year payroll told me about it and I paid it out of my paycheck right away.  Two weeks later got a check back from the IRS in that amount with no explanation.  When I called the IRS I got the run around, basically they made a mistake and didn't want to come out and say it.  

The only credit report that had the lien was TransUnion.  I filed the correct paperwork a few months ago with IRS and faxed the release from to TransUnion and it was promptly removed and off my credit report.  Now it is back, same amount-$471, different recording date.  So I am assuming the County Recorder's office made an error.  Instead of deleting they must have opened a new case.

My loan officer told me my credit would not get pulled unless we went over 90 days from last pull, (5/18).  I am so close to closing but don't want something like this to screw things up.  It's clearly a mistake on someone's part, (IRS or Recorder's office-not mine).  Is this something I should tell the loan officer about or wait until this is fixed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Re: In escrow-now this mess

Your MB is there to help you so beleive me when I say that they are on your side.  Call MB and tell them the situation and get all suppoting doucmentation together to support your Lien being resolved.   If that is their policy of not repulling your score then trust that everything will work out just fine.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.