Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgments holding approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgments holding approval

Wondering if I could get some help.  I have a judgment on Experian that is not mine.  Sent documentation to credit bureau again today with letter from the creditor and the creditor's attorney.  Then, there is a tax lien that should have been a judgement  that was paid off in 1997.  I disputed this on Transunion today.  Will that come off because it was paid in 1997 automatically with dispute?  Then there is a judgment in municipal court that I was never made aware of  (when going through a divorce and I never got served) I'm pretty sure was bought by another ca and even though the debt was for my ex-husband, I paid off when they came after me in county court and I was notified (not until the garnishment was going to go through).  I am wondering if I dispute it (the court shows it as dismissed back in 03.  I would have to pay to get it the file since it is off at storage.  Also have a CO on my ex-husband's car.  This should fall off (date on Transunion) as of 11/10, but it posts twice from the bank (NCB) once as a charge off and once as late, etc.  Can I get this off with my divorce papers that clearly state he is responsbile.  Problem was it shows me on one notation as a co-signer, the other as the account being joint.  I know this sounds horrible, but considering where I was at the beginning of the divorce (he left me with 4 kids and quit his job years ago and has never paid a dime in support, I'm thinking it could be a lot worse!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  The mortgage guy recommended a credit repair service, but I would much rather do myself if I can!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgments holding approval

Well first off, you should be able to get things that are incorrect removed but it may take repeated calls.

As far as stuff that goes back to your husband and/or divorce, who was decreed responsible for the debt has no bearing on credit reporting so if you were a cosignor, it will remain.

As far as disputing the stuff through the CRA's, be careful.  Make sure you get all the proof docs and see if you can fax them directly to a supervisor or have the company or agency that the debt is from call and correct the issue.  Filing a blank dispute can take awhile and result in the run around a bit.   Also, what do you mean that the tax lien should show as a judgement.   If it just shows as a tax lien and it is paid, why would you dispute it.  It is alot easier to get proof of payment of a tax lien from the IRS than it is to get a judgement removed generally.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.